Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Week 52 The Zoo, life and everything

Elder Seegmiller told me that Davis County got a big winter storm. :) I still remember last winter, all bundled up, making shapes in the snow in the middle of the storm.  It's been pretty cold here, not as bad as where you all are though. Yesterday I wore Sister Benfield's knee-high grey socks and had pants on under my pioneer dress and I was still cold. Haha! I forgot to wear a shirt under too. Next time. :) It's a wet cold, so it just pierces through all the layers. But it's still not as bad as Utah, right? It warms up in the sun. :)

So yesterday at the MoBat a group of RMs came in and said they just got back from serving in Buenos Aires. I asked if they knew an Elder Stockton, and they all replied in the affirmative. >_< I didn't know what to say after that. Haha! They said to tell him "The Crew" says hi. So... if you talk to him, you can tell him that.
Hermana Benfield drew a picture of us at the Zoo!

So the zoo was a blast! :) I left my camera at home so I can't send you any pics this week, but it was fun. :) Saw lots of animals. I think some of my favorites were the Secretary Birds, these cute monkey things, and the red pandas... or the camels. The rhino was super sweet too, and we saw some two-humped camels. Man. Those things are super ugly. Hahahaha... saw a llama too. I wonder how many times that poor llama gets called Tina. Hmm. Reminded me about Joshua Giraffe. They're trapped in a zoo with buffalo.... well anyway they were NOT next to the elephants but not too far.

So there is this sweet family in our ward. Hno Lopez and his wife have their son living with them, with his wife, and their 3 kids. Their oldest child, a daughter, had her birthday party on Saturday. It was Monster High themed. In case you don't know what that is, it's a t.v. show with a bunch of zombies and vampires and werewolves and mummies that all go to high school together and have very interesting fashion. Anyway. The birthday girl is 6 years old. So... anyway the good news is that they told us to come because they invited a friend they want us to talk to. So we got to meet them and at first they were a little wary but they warmed up to us. It's a good start! :D

We had a SWEEEEET restoration lesson with this lady. We invited her to pray about what we talked about, to know if it's true, and she said "I already know it is." So... where do you go from there? Haha but we're going to go back see her more this week. She also told us she wants us to teach her daughter, and her other daughter, and her husband. :) So things are looking up! :D

And we officially gave J. to the other sisters. Done. When we switched areas he went to them but we were going to give him to the YSA sisters but he said he doesn't feel like he belongs there, so I guess he's staying here, so we had to hand him off. It's weird but we're happy for him and we think he'll start progressing more. :)

Whoooo! I hope you all saw that Christmas devotional! Super sweet! Afterwards we had ward choir practice. It was our first and last time we will be able to attend, but it was super cool. J. came and sang too! The choir is trying so hard! They're full of so much love and devotion. It makes me super happy. :)

I love this branch. They're the best! ^_^


That's about it for now.
Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment