Thursday, January 23, 2014

Week 58 Pioneer tough through prayer!

Your description of Lang's talk definitely made me laugh... I can see him saying all that... XD 
I can't believe he's leaving! It's super weird for me to realize I'm not gonna see him for a very very long time. But I'm super excited to see who he'll become. :) I've seen and felt what the mission does to you and I'm so excited to see Lang v. 2.0. Still Lang, just even better. I love the mission. (Lang, her brother, just left to serve in the Missouri Independence mission. His blog is ElderLangstonHarris.blogspot.com.)

I totally relate to that RS lesson. There have been so many times when just tears express it best, at least until the initial pain gets out, and words start forming. Prayer is my favorite. :) 

The other day I got this HUGE splinter shoved up under my nail. It was so incredibly painful. It was in my right hand too so my left hand was USELESS in trying to get it out. It was so rough. Anyway, part came out but the rest was super stuck inside... way deep... and I couldn't get it... I tried for like 20 minutes. Anyway eventually I just bit down on a piece of beef jerky and had sister Amendola try to extract it... I just closed my eyes and tried to hold still, and prayed. As soon as I finished my prayer, she said, "I got it!" and it was gone. Seriously. Companions rock. Prayer rocks. Good stuff, Maynard.

Yesterday was super sweet. We met some investigators!! :D They've all been in Mexico, but they're finally coming back. WOOHOO!! ^_^ Oh and Stake Conference was a regional broadcast and it was INCREDIBLE. Super super duper sweet. Lots about missionary work. This branch is wonderful! They're so pumped to be missionaries. Me too! :D


We also had a mission president's fireside on Sunday. It was super inspirational. :) Oh man. We had two full days in a row. It was pretty intense. :) But good! I am sort of almost getting to know the area. Well, I can recognize streets and stuff... but still not exactly ready to take over or anything!

Well nothing too exciting to report. That's about it for this week. Last Tuesday I just made pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting, and then we had in-n-out. (Protein style!) Oh. And we have new directors at the Battalion!! I've only met them once, yesterday, for a few seconds, but they seem super sweet and really nice. It'll be good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment