Tuesday, November 19, 2013

WEEK 50 Sweet Blessings!

This week has been sweet! Saturday I had my favorite MoBat day EVER. I took three awesome tours. First tour: The group walked in and this lady walks up to me and tells me that she was here back in June, and that I took her on a tour. She said her son was with her, and that he's less active. She then said that now he's fully active and doing great, and that it all started here. She told me she just wanted to thank me and tell me that the things we do here do not go unnoticed and that we're changing lives. I definitely teared up a bit. It was such a sweet moment for me. 
Sisters Davies Patterson and Harris


So that whole group she was in was actually a mission reunion. They all served in the Philippines together, 30 years ago. One of the other gentlemen from the tour was from Texas. He brought his whole family with him. At the end of the tour, their 12 (?) year old son kept trying to talk to me, sort of. He looked a little nervous and kept almost speaking and then not. Finally I just asked him if he said something, and he said, "Yeah, umm, are you related to Liam Harris?" I was about to say no but then remembered oh yeah, I do know a Liam Harris, so I said yes and asked if Jeff and Cecilia were his parents and he said YES! Turns out Morgan (the boy) is Liam's best friend! Whaaaaat? And it's Liams birthday soon and he'll be turning 12. Happy Birthday, Liam! It was a pretty cool tour. 


Second tour was the French guy in the picture I sent. Super funny, and he really got a much better impression of what Mormons actually are. :) Third tour: J. came back with his brother and his brother's friend! They laughed a lot but really liked it. :) It was way sweet!

The other day we had MTEs! Woo! Missionary Training Exchanges. We got two referrals in the temple! This one guy was from Belgium, and he speaks Italian, and what do you know, but the one missionary from the whole San Diego mission who is FROM Italy was there, so they got to talk to each other. It was way cool. :) MIRACLES. The next day at MTEs we learned about positive thinking. :) Just what I needed! It was super sweet. :)

Oh man. We had a SUPER cool experience. So the less active that I talked about before, the one that can't pray out loud because she can barely breathe, invited us over for dinner! She made us these delicious potato...things. You boil potatoes then mash them a little, and add queso fresco, a few eggs, a little chicken bouillon, and... I don't remember what else. But then you fry them. Not very healthy. But SUPER delish. :) But here's the cool thing, once again, in case you missed it: SHE INVITED US TO DINNER. This is a HUGE step. She's the one that said she was going to fall asleep while we talked to her. How cool is that? :) Hopefully she'll come to the activity on Saturday. :)

Well, that's about all I can remember right now. It's like 40 degrees in this room so... I can't really type much more. Haha! Have a great week! :D

PS
Next transfer I think I'll finish training Sister Bermudez. We'll find out, but I think that's what'll happen. Then I think I'll go full-pros for 2 transfers then come back to the MoBat. We shall see!

--Hermana Harris

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia! I'm so happy seeing your radiant face and reading about the work you are doing!
    --Jan Marie

    ReplyDelete