Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Week 68 Feliz Cumpleanos Hermana Harris!

Ok so this week has been interesting. Here's the good stuff:

Fun thing this week:
Sunset Cliffs, but we were very careful and did not die!
-Last p-day we went to Sunset Cliffs. It's so pretty!!
-During district meeting we made cake waffles and put ice cream and strawberries on them. It was SO GOOD. ^_^
-Oh! I had a birthday! Shout hurray! Dolores bought me a little cake and made me some catfish. She's so cute! Then we were on our way back to the battalion for the Sisters' farewell and when we got there my companion disappeared...so I was freaking out and no one knew where she was and then someone came up to me and told me to close my eyes and they led me to the teaching room in back and had me open my eyes and Edgar and Joaquin and some of the sisters were there and they said Happy Birthday!!! and Joaquin then say Las Mananitas and he gave me a cake and a present (he told me it was 'symbolic') and then we were ushered into the other meeting so I didn't get to open it until we got back home, and inside was a variety of goodies, including toothpaste, soap, a ice-cream maker-shaker, oven mitts, and a stethoscope. He also wrote a letter explaining the 'why' for everything. He's such a sweetheart! Haha the soap is dove soap, and he said it's symbolic because it reminds him of the baptism of Jesus Christ when the Holy Ghost descended like a dove. :) and the stethoscope because as missionaries we listen to peoples' hearts. Aww!


More spiritual things:

-Learned more this week about the importance of hymns. We always sing a hymn whenever we visit, but this week I payed more attention to the Spirit it brings. :) I love the hymns!!
-On Friday we had 3 set appointments - and they all turned out! We met everyone we had set an appointment with! That is such a miracle. We had a temple shift, too. It was pretty sweet. :) Met lots of people. Woohoo!
-The broadcast was INCREDIBLE. I can't even begin to describe what a wonderful time that was. Seriously incredible. I've almost never felt such a unity and sisterhood before. It was such a special moment for me. :)
-On Sunday there was a fireside that we didn't go to, because someone had to be at the Battalion, haha. So I ended up going on 5 tours! That's pretty incredible. Usually on busy days 4 is the most, but there you go.

 There was a sister from Sweetwater that came back from her mission while I served there that came through and I took her on tour. It was cool seeing her again. She brought her nonmember friend with her. I think he enjoyed it. In the same tour was this young adult going to UCSD. He had on the coolest sweater EVER. It was the Beatles abbey road pic, but different. It had Totoro on it, and Howl from Howl's moving castle, and the little girl from Spirited Away, and then someone from Princess Mononoke. It was so sweet! Well. anyway. He and his mother loved it. They're from China but they live here now and speak really good English, but I told them it's in Mandarin as well, and they got really excited and said they'll come back and also bring their friends next time too! :) 

-Last night Elder Barnes had an FHE thing and invited all the battalion sisters to come, so we did. The guest speaker was his daughter in law, Thessily. She's SUPER COOL. She talked about the three C's. Her Conversion story, her bout with Cancer, and how she has come to know her Savior, Jesus Christ. It was awesome. And she talked about how she went to a temple visitor center and one of the sisters there changed her life by just saying something that was an answer to her prayers and exactly what she needed and she decided to be baptized and carry on! So that was really nice to hear. :)

Ok well I ran out of time. Love you all!!
--Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment