Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Week 71 Thats why I'm here!

This week! Whoo, what the week. We've really seen why Sister Calderon was sent to us. We had a lesson on Wednesday with our investigator M, and she LOVED her. She said Sister Amendola and I are nice, and quiet, but she just really connects with Hna Calderon. So, we're super grateful to her. She's so awesome!

I made a bread loaf called a Stollen Loaf. People kept asking me what it was. So I told them it was a stollen loaf. But of course they all heard stolen. Did I bother to clarify? ...Well, I DO love a good pun....

On Thursday we had a sweet training meeting where they had some of us come in costume as someone that we've met at the Battalion or an acquaintance or something. So I came wearing jeans (it was a surprise so I couldn't say anything so Sister Calderon was freaking out) and sunglasses and we went through the tour and it was one of my favorite moments. I took the tour through my character's eyes and it was just so powerful. I LOVED it. I love that no matter how many times I take the tour it always applies in different ways. :)

On Saturday my companion was having a super hard time. But then we went to the Battalion and we took a tour together, and afterwards she had, as she called it, a Best Two Years moment - "That's why I'm here." She testified to these two Marines that God loved them regardless of tattoos or the mistakes they had made. She told me she felt His love for them and just shared it with them and they walked out changed men. It was a neat experience for all of us. :)

Sunday! Easter is the best. I LOVE IT. :)

Well, yesterday we again saw why Sister Calderon is here. A member invited us over, and had her friend come as well. Her friend is from the Dominican Republic. So. She immediately connected with Sister Calderon and talked to her the WHOLE time (every time we tried to talk the lady just cut us off and talked to Sister Calderon again, haha) and was so happy and wants us to come over. She's not in our area so that's a problem. But. It's fine. Miracles are miracles. :)


Today we're going to go tour the Midway!( a Navy Aircraft carrier) I'll be thinking of Grandpa the whole time. :) ( Grandpa David worked as an electrician on those big ships the Navy shipyard in Bremerton)

Love you all! :D
--Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment