Tuesday, March 12, 2013

In the Attitude of Singing and Praising God!! Week 14


This week has been an adventure. I definitely feel like I'm on a roller coaster sometimes. To be honest I've been a little grumpy this week. I'm getting a little sick (my throat is being weird and my voice was almost gone on Sunday) and the work is frustrating... 

However I was reading in 1 Nephi 1, and it talked about how in Lehi's vision, there were numberless concourses of angels in attitude of singing and praising their God. So basically I realized that I can be happy, I can be in the attitude of singing and praising God always, even when I literally can't sing cuz my voice is gone. I can still praise Him always. I need to cheer up. So I've been working on that. :)

We had some more lessons with D. She just loves everything she learns. She's an amazing person. I can't believe all the things she's gone through and yet remains so happy and everything. She works so hard, too. Anyway, she came to church again with all her kids and it's just so sweet! Aaaaand she committed to be baptized! ^_^ Unfortunately there are some issues that we didn't know existed that we'll have to work through. >_< Oh well. It's not supposed to be easy, right? 


Oh! There was this lady we met ,L, one day on the street, and she was walking with her daughter, and they were talking about what they could do to help her son (the girl's brother) cuz he's going through a rough time. Well, right then we walked up and talked to them. The daughter said, "Where did you come from? It's like you came from heaven!" Well, we tried talking to Lolita later but she was always "busy." We saw her on Sunday night, and this time she was super receptive and wanted to talk to us! So we talked a bit, and she introduced us to her son, and we set another appointment with them. We want to get him involved in the youth activities, for sure. 

One of our investigators, E, still hasn't come to church, so that's a struggle for us. Hopefully she'll come this Sunday, because she also committed to be baptized, so she needs to come! Her son has a friend there so we know he's gonna love it if he comes. Hopefully she can just come so she can see how awesome it is. :) We've also been working with an 8-yr-old girl named V. Her mom has been a member for 2 years, but her father isn't a member, and nor are her siblings. They really get after her for considering being baptized. They told her that she's going to ruin her life if she gets baptized, and that it's a horrible idea. She's just 8. That's a lot to take! So we've been trying to be supportive. She feels pushed and pulled. :( I feel so bad for her! She doesn't want to make her dad angry but I'm pretty sure she feels the desire to be baptized. That is so hard! 

My comp is awesome. We made soup together last week. It was so fun! :) We just threw random stuff in and cooked it all up and it was pretty delicious. :D 

I've been feeling so frustrated with the language. I feel like I never have time to study it. :/ I need to be more diligent about only speaking in Spanish to my comp. I have been getting better at that. However, I still cannot talk to the people very well. I get nervous and freak out and all my Spanish flies out my ear. >_>

Time is passing so quickly! I have officially been here for a month! Well, it helps that February is shorter, but still.

I've been starting to learn the Spanish script. :D I theoretically know the introduction, but that's all...and I'm kind of slow at it. It's more than I knew last week, though, so, there you go. All I can do is improve, right? Poco a poco. Someday it will all make sense!

Our Zone had a service activity the other day. That was pretty awesome. I hadn't ever gone to an activity with the zone (besides zone meeting) so it was exciting to get to know the others in the zone. The only problem was I didn't bring a jacket and it was freezing... so that's how I got sick, I think.

We visited some members this week. That was so awesome! The first family was so sweet. It was good to teach about baptism/ the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a low-pressure situation. The kids were running around the whole time, so that was good practice too. Ha ha ha! The second family was so sweet too. :) We asked them for referrals too, and the dad told us about his brother in law, who is the husband of someone we've already visited a few times. (She's a less active.) So we're going to try to get him to come with us to a visit with all of them. I hope that will help soften their hearts.

Well, I can officially email anyone. So... feel free to email me I guess? XD I can't promise to respond but it would be fun to hear from you! :)
I love you allllll!!!!

--Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment