Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Week 15 First Transfer! Speaking from the Heart


The Johnson's surprise birthday visit!!
Hello hello hello!
 Today is a wonderful day! I cannot believe that it's been an entire transfer! It's crazy! We get to have one of the new sisters stay at our apartment tonight, just like how I stayed with Sister Mendez and Silva my first night. I'm super excited! We're going to make her German pancakes in the morning. :)

This week has been amazing! We're still working with D, and she's still amazing. The biggest struggle we have with her right now is that the Spanish Branch has issues with reverence during the Sacrament. The kids are running around and she specifically told us that she goes to the Catholic church after our church so she can take of the Sacrament in peace and reverence. She's amazing, though. I think she really feels our love for her. :) It's such a blessing working with her. There are so many amazing people out there!

We had a sweet experience at the temple!! There was this awesome couple, and the lady said she just felt this huge desire/yearning to pray in the temple. We explained that she can't go in all the way, and we talked about what happens in temples, and how she can prepare to go in, and she was sobbing because she just wanted to go in and pray. They wrote down their info so we can send missionaries to talk to them. They're so ready!! It was incredible.

 Sister Woolstenhulme made us strawberry shortcake (not actual shortcake, but a buttermilk cake that was incredible) the other day with real whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Sister Bement (also one of the older Sisters) made us orange rolls the other day, and she made them all crescenty! It made me so happy. :) It was super good. She just made the regular crescent rolls and then put orange glaze on top. Yum!  Just so you know, I'm feeling happier this week than last week. It's so much easier to just be happy. :) Hey we had this awesome activity the other day! It was for the Relief Society anniversary. They RS presidency put on this cute play and so many people came (including our investigator!) and we got to know the members better and help serve them. It was awesome. 

I get to stay with my comp!! :D She's just so amazing and forgiving and so selfless. I was watching her give the tour the other day, and she's adorable, and an incredible missionary. She is so tiny, her shoes fit inside of mine! I'm so glad to have her as my companion!

We've got an investigator that we met at the beginning of the transfer who still hasn't come to church. She has a hard time reading, because she isn't very well educated, so it's hard for her. :( We read with her and stuff, but she isn't coming to church so I don't know what to do. I don't want to drop her. She told us that the first time we met with her, she felt such peace and comfort, and she felt like God had sent us to her. It's hard that she can't see that she needs to do her part to understand all of this. Well, we'll just keep loving her.

I've realized something pretty important. When I'm in a lesson, and I'm worrying about how horrible my Spanish is, my Spanish is horrible. When I just try to ignore how terrible my Spanish is and just communicate the words from my heart, the words just come. It's hard, but I need to just focus on that. I can speak when I just let it come!

Well, I think that's about all. Oh, we had service again the other day. It was great to get out and work outside and get my hands dirty and help others see that we want to help! The people we were working with were so grateful for our help. It was so fun! I love doing service. :)  Well, I have to go, but I love you! <3! Take care! 
Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment