Thursday, March 28, 2013

Suffering = Good Week 16


I gave my first Mandarin tour this week. XD We just speak to the pictures in English and they talk to us in Mandarin. It's super weird but really funny. XD

This week was awesome! Zone Conference was super sweet. I was thrown off a bit by a last-second assignment to give the closing prayer, but I didn't die, so, there you go.

We met with a lot of members this week. Our district decided the week before transfers to go through the list of members and call/visit everyone. The 27 names my companion and I were given are still in progress. We didn't know when to do it, so we kept putting it off and putting it off. We finally tried to contact one yesterday and we called another one. I'm excited to meet the members and strengthen the ward from the inside.

 Also, I think our investigators are progressing! Well, they're still struggling to read, but they look so excited to see us when we visit! :D That's a great step. We went and visited this one lady, L, but she wasn't there, so we were visiting with her family, and when she got back and saw us in her house, she got all excited and said, "When are you going to come visit me again?" Sweet, sweet words to our ears! Her situation is so sad, and she's struggling with smoking, so we're going to talk to her about that tonight. I'm nervous! I've never taught that to a real investigator before. :O I guess as long as we have the Spirit we have nothing to fear though. :)

We're getting better at the whole 'navigating' thing. We don't have the gps anymore, so we're using the Tommy guide. It's pretty exciting sometimes. OH! We went to this baptism the other night and it was so amazing. The man, Ismael, is just the sweetest. Because of his medical problems, (he doesn't have a stomach...) we literally had to duct tape him so he could be baptized. He is so humble and willing to do anything for the Lord. He is such an example to me!

We've also gotten better and asking for references. It's funny, they are actually giving us references! However, they're usually outside of our area. Rats!

One of our members gave us her visiting teachees to visit, so we stopped by one on Monday. (She can't drive so she just called them, but wanted someone to visit them too, so we went!) This poor sister can't leave her bed at all. She has one of those hospital bed things where the head raises up? Anyway, she was incredible. She talked about how Jesus Christ suffered so much for us, and so we shouldn't expect anything less! She was so amazing. She's had medical problems her whole life but she's so happy and she loves her Savior so much. These people are teaching me so much.

This morning in my personal study I was looking for ways to support L tonight, and then after I found some great ones, I realized that they all apply to me too. Like I said, I was struggling with feeling inadequate and useless. Well, we're given these weaknesses so that we rely on the Savior, and as we do, we become like Him, and become stronger. I actually found a sweet sweet verse in Hebrews that talks about how suffering helps us be obedient to the will of the Father which makes us become like Christ/perfect. I knew that before but it was good to re-learn it. Suffering = good, because suffering = becoming perfect. XD Well, at least, if we choose to make the best of our struggles. :)

Life is wonderful! :D Love you all!! <3!

--Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment