Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I can't believe it's not butter? Week 21


By which I mean I can't believe it's almost summer! Wow. Transfers rolled around again today, but I remained unsquished! We're still in our cute little Logan Heights branch, thank goodness! I'm SO excited for D's baptism on the 11th! She is amazing, and she's making such amazing progress. She's even asked her boss for Sundays off so she can come to church every week!  :)

L is progressing as well. She's still smoking, but we can see a difference in her countenance. She's come to part of church twice and she loves it. She even dressed up a little the 2nd time! It's so sweet. She's even joking around with us a little and smiling so much. It's incredible. I love it! We just need to know how to help her get the desire to quit smoking. I think she'll get there soon. It's crazy to think about how different she is now from when we first met her. The first night we found her, she was walking along with her daughter crying because she wanted to help her son come closer to God. She has so many struggles and problems and we've been working with her for so long. She used to just talk about how she's so worried about everything and she's so sad and now she's smiling and laughing and she still has struggles but there's such a difference. It's the best. :)

 We're also teaching this man named F. He's so excited about learning, but he calls us at 12:30 in the morning to tell us about how excited he is. (We don't answer, but he leaves us voice mails talking about how he is just so excited that he met us and that he loves learning about the word and he feels so close to God and he's praying and things like that.) We had a lesson over the phone with him the other day (he was at work and couldn't meet with us but he called and asked if he could read the Book of Mormon with us over the phone). So we read Alma 32:28&41 and he totally got it and was explaining it to me about how it's just like a seed, and you need to plant it and it grows and how the word is delicious. It was crazy! We're going to see him again tonight.

I love this work. I love seeing people happier. I love seeing people smiling more. I love just knowing that I made even a tiny difference in someone's life.

I love you all!! :)

--Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment