Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day Call Week 23


Well Dear Ones...

This blog post will be written by Julia's mom. We got to speak to her on Sunday and while she replied to my emails, she was pressed for time and did not send a letter per se, so I will try to relate the gist of our conversation.

Julia has been with Hermana Salinas for 3 transfers. She is a very loving person and an answer to Julia's prayer. She prayed she would have a companion that would teach her how to love people, and Hermana Salinas loves everyone! She will talk to anyone anywhere about the Gospel! Appearances do not matter one bit to her! So that has been helpful for Julia to get over her fear of talking to strangers. They will most likely be split up next transfer. Thank you so much Hermana Salinas for your tender watch care of our Hermana Harris!

Julia can have people visit her at the Mormon Battalion Historic Site, but it cannot be arranged ahead of time. She is at the Mo Batt either from 9 am to 3 pm or 3 pm to 6 pm. If I could (which I cannot) I would shoot for being at the Site at 2:30, that way either she is there or will be at 3. Her P-day is Tuesday, so she would not be there on Tuesdays at all. 

There is a cool Facebook page you can check out! It is not the official one, but it has pics and fun stuff!  My-Mormon-Battalion-Historic-Site-Mission   If you like it, "LIKE" it!

Julia is currently serving in the Logan Heights Branch. It is small, obviously, but close knit. They had a baptism of a girl named V... on Saturday, so that was Awesome!  She also had fun celebrating Hermana Amendola's birthday last week by making her crepes for breakfast and as a district went to a pizza place.


I will include a few of the lines she sent this week:

In regards to D..., she dropped us. She doesn't want to get baptized right now, probably not for a long time. She said she'll let us know when she wants us to come visit her again. >_> Basically Satan knows she'd be an amazing member and so he talked her out of her baptism. It's hard but we'll just keep plugging along.

It was so great to talk to you the other day. :D I thought I'd cry more but I was mostly okay until the family cheer at the end of the call, then I lost it. (...Me too! Our family cheer is "The Harris Family loves and serves happily! Hurrah for Israel!"...) It has different meaning for me now. I'm loving and serving happily as a missionary. Well. I need to work more on that whole 'happily' part. XD Like you said, growing is painful. If you're comfortable, you're not doing life right.

Julia writes to us from the Family History Library computer, which does not have a card reader, but now we know that, we are sending her a card reader this week,and so hope to get more frequent pictures. Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers! I know she loves all your support! Thanks!!!

Heather Harris
 Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment