Thursday, June 13, 2013

Week 27 Hooray for card readers!

On the trolley

Woah! Slow down Mr. Trolley Driver!

 Yesterday was awesome. We had a lesson at 10 with F. and afterwards he wanted to make us breakfast. Well, we can't be in a house alone with a male, so we had L. come over too. She lives in the same apartment complex, just down a floor and across the way. When we showed up at her door, she said she didn't have time to talk to us, but then we said we'd be having breakfast, and she immediately got all excited and was like, yeah let's go let's go! XD Anyway, it was super fun - we ate scrambled eggs, frijoles, y tortillas. It was super yum. Anyway, then we went and helped a less active clean her carpet and then she showed us how to make chicharrones! It's like magic! You just put in in the hot oil and it growwwws. Then you take it out and put lime juice and Valentina on it. Ohh my goodness. It was so delicious. :) I might like it better than popcorn! :D Okay, I like it better than microwave popcorn, but prolly not mom's home-cooked popcorn. :)







So yesterday I felt like I was going to be transferred, so that meant it was my last day in the area. Thus, in all the lessons I tried to be bold and unafraid, and to just say what I felt I needed to say. I should be doing this all along anyway, but it was a sweet experience. I want every day to be more like that. I guess that's sort of how life goes, right? Just go out and do your best.








MTE's, with Sister Riggs as our trainer. She used to work in DisneyWorld as a singer. No big deal. She's just amazing.


 My area is Point Loma. It's huge. It's also at least 15 minutes by car using the highway to get to the church. By which I mean school. Since we have church in an Elementary school. There are a lot of houses but people generally stay inside. There are no members in our area, just less actives. They're awesome, though, and I love them so much. I feel like they're my moms. I'm gonna miss them when I leave tomorrow!! D: At least we got to visit Hna L yesterday.



La Pinata!



























 Carmen. She's amazing and when I told her last night I thought I'd be transferred she asked for a pic with her. So there ya go! No, we're not at a discoteca. It's at the Book of Mormon reading group thing they started a month or so ago in our branch. It's fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment