Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Week 29 Trusting that God will help me speak His words

Well, the computer lab is just at the Family History Research Center. We've always gone there but they finally started letting us use the back room. XD 


And in terms of the broadcast... well I was on shift at the Battalion from 3-6. So... I didn't get to watch all of it. I missed the whole first hour, but I saw the last little bit.I loved that lady's conversion story and the fact that (and I had heard this before) the Ward Mission Leader should keep the missionaries' schedules full so they don't even have time to go tracting. :) I didn't get to hear the part about computers/facebook or whatever, but I've heard bits and pieces. I'm going to watch the rest tonight during the Battalion if things get really slow. I'm so excited! 


Today we went to the temple! :D It's so amazing. A lot of our Zone went. It's so wonderful to see all these people you come to love so much all together. It's incredible. I thought about Uncle Lyle randomly during the session. I'm so sorry he's not feeling well! :( Please give him a huge hug for me!

I hope you gave Aunt Janet a huge hug for me too, because I love her! :) FORREST IS COMING HOME ALREADY??? Okay, that's weird. I cannot believe time is passing so fast! Charity's not working at camp? Weird! Sounds like camp is going to be lacking this year without all of y'all helping them out. Lang's still going though, right?

More about my companion? She's from Los Angeles. Born there, raised in Michoacan until she was 6, and then moved back. She's the sweetest thing ever, and shares everything, and likes doing my hair for me. (Yes!) She's a hard worker and doesn't like to be idle. She's very loving and kind, and she's a bold teacher. She's an incredible missionary and she's super chill/easy to get along with. She's patient with me and even forgets things every once in a while (to help me feel better about myself, I think. XD ). She's the best. :) She helps me be better but does it in a kind, loving way, so it makes it easy to accept it and change. :) She's the best!

The area is more open. It's not as city-like as Logan Heights. Way more spread out. It's more out in the desert. Lots and lots and lots of people to teach! The people are amazing, of course! We have had so many blessings these past few weeks in our new area. We've just been led to people who are seeking. How could we ask for anything more?

We don't really 'tract.' We contact referrals and contact old investigators and members and returning families. It takes 30 minutes to get to the area so we never have a ton of time in the area as we have the Battalion as well. It's always an adventure! My apartment is smaller, and the kitchen is SO TINY but it's nice. I like the way the bathroom is set up better - the sink is outside of the bathroom part so you can use the sink/mirror while someone is in the bathroom. Very handy. XD And I'm finally with the rest of the sisters. :) It's fun, having them so close. :)

And so that's how things are going! We had a full day the other day, and it was INTENSE. We had some crazy intense lessons. There's a family that we visited and they said that the reason they stopped coming to church was because they came across all this anti-mormon literature online and on the TV. Lots of stuff about tithing money coming from Vegas and someone high in the church getting drunk or something. It was crazy and I had no idea what to say, so we just followed the Spirit, and by the end they looked a lot happier and maybe a tiny bit less confused.

We taught the girl who has my companion's name again, and she explained to us that she believes in God but not in Jesus Christ. I didn't know where to go from there, since almost every single person we talk to is Catholic, so they already have that foundation. It was neat, though, because it helped me gain a greater appreciation for the Book of Mormon as another Testament of Jesus Christ. I know that as she reads it, she'll feel His love for her and know that He lives and is her Savior!

The thing I learned most this week is just trusting that God will help me speak His words. I know I can't teach. I'm just me. But He knows what He would have me say, so if I just trust, I can help these people hear His message for them. :)

Anyway, I hope you all are helping the missionaries in your area to fill their appointment books with lots of people to teach. Just open your mouth and start talking. :)

I love you all!
--Hermana Harris


PS. Oh yeah. The other day I walked in to the front of the MoBat and there was a family waiting for a tour and it was time to start but no one was in there, so I walked in to start it, and the mom whispered to the daughter, "Go get grandma!" and so the girl runs out and walks back in with... the Mission President's wife. Aaand so I ended up giving our Mission President and his wife and his wife's family a tour at the Battalion. That was a little intense. But enjoyable. Sister Rasmussen came and joined me, and I hadn't taken one with her before, so that was good. I've been slowing down a little, finally. XD It's a process. Oh, and the other day I had animal fries from In-N-Out burger. I almost cried. Those things are amazing! I also had a protein-style burger. Also pretty delish. Pues... love you all! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment