Thursday, June 20, 2013

Week 28 A New Companion


Hello Everyone!

I got transferred to Sweetwater, and it's amazing. The area is a lot more open (like, not as squished) and deserty. It's kinda cool. The branch is so sweet though. We met the RS president and she said she doesn't have counselors yet because the people she wants have turned down the callings. She's still working on them. In any case, this week has been incredible! It's so weird having a different companion but I absolutely LOVE Sister Contreras. She's amazing and adorable and a hard worker and so sweet and loving and patient. I love being with her. :D We get along really well and we are very open and when something bothers us a little tiny bit we just let each other know and it's all better. But she's amazing so there's not really anything to complain about, she just has to deal with me. She's patient though and she lets me know what I can do to improve with is super good. I need a lot of work!

We also had Zone Conference last week. It was super sweet! I love going there and meeting everyone and learning so much. Back to the branch. We've gotten to meet so many members and we've been out in our area. Heavenly Father has been blessing us SO MUCH. Every time we go to our area he leads us to people that are open and ready to listen! We even met a girl with my companion's name. Like, first and last name. Weird! She was so open and had so many good questions (like, why do some people worship the virgin Mary even though the commandments say to only worship God, and why do they baptize babies since they're innocent, etc). It was so awesome! During the lesson I just felt like I was talking to a friend. :) Sunday was super cool. It was kinda weird having church in an actual chapel, but it was a wonderful experience. The branch also had an activity on Saturday for Fathers' Day, so we went to that. It was good to meet the members and help them out and just see how the branch functions so we can help it along. It's just awesome.




In my personal studies I've been learning a lot about sacrifice. Something I learned is that when we sacrifice, we purify ourselves, and are thus more worthy to receive blessings, specifically revelation. So I want to look for little things I can sacrifice so I can be worthy to receive revelation to help our area! I'm so excited to be working in Sweetwater. :) I miss Logan and the members, but change is good, and I hope to learn so much!
Cool side notes: my old district leader is now one of my Zone Leaders, and I got to meet the moms of two people I met in the MTC. One of them is in my branch and the other was just visiting from the area. Pretty cool though! Also, my district has a Canadian as the district leader, so I was able to use my limited Canadian knowledge about things like nicky-nicky-nine-dooring and waygons and ketchup chips and such. There's also a sister that came out with us in my district, so that's fun to see her again! I'm super excited about our branch. Oh and we're whitewashing. They added a new companionship to the area! Exciting things are happening. :) (BTW, Sister Salinas is now with the ex-companion of my new companion. We just switched companions! Hahaha!)

 

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment