Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Week 30 After all we can do!

Sister Contreras is amazing. Even when we're trying to contact everyone and trying to visit people and yet no one's home, she just keeps going. And it's so true that the Lord blesses us with miracles AFTER everything we can do. One day in particular was pretty rough. NO ONE we had made appointments with was home and the people we street contacted ran away from us all day or even straight up refused to pray with us. Anyway. I was pretty discouraged and about ready to give up and head in when Sister Contreras suggested to go try and visit T, someone we had contacted, set up an appt, and he was never home. Anyway when we got there, this lady in a bathrobe answered (turns out she is his aunt) and we ended up having a short lesson with her and had her pray and she got about 2 sentences into the prayer and started bawling and told us she felt something warm inside her chest and we told her it was the Spirit, etc, and so we're going to go back and teach her again tonight. It just makes the whole day worth it, knowing that we helped her come closer to the Savior.

Something I really admire about my companion is her faith. She has complete faith that the Lord will give her inspiration. Every morning before personal study she has us pray for an investigator together so we can receive revelation for them in our personal studies. She expects that she'll receive answers - and then we receive them. She's taught me so much!
Also in my studies I've recently been learning again about happiness. The gospel really does make me happy - And remember it. I just need to show it.  Sometimes I forget. So I've been working on smiling more and showing that I really am happy! It's so sweet. I love the gospel!

I got to sing the song with Sister Amendola and Sister Romero at the Presidents Fireside on Sunday. It went pretty well! I was super nervous before but Sister Amendola was there for me and I realized that I'm surrounded by friends. I had always heard people talk about the amazing friends you'll make with people on your mission but it wasn't until that moment that I really felt it. It was a cool moment. :)





  In preparation for it, and basically just for fun, the night before I used Sister Amendola's hair rollers. XD Hence the fun pictures. 

Oooh we had a missionary activity at the church on Friday, where the people came from room to room to learn about a topic, and our room was the Plan of Happiness. They had to match up scriptures with the key word and the picture, and then put them in order. It was pretty fun.




 We had our first dinner appointment with this amazing family in our branch. They made us Mexican pizza. It was to die for. Turns out I like jalepenos on my pizza. :) And chorizo. Sooo good. :D Anyway. The last picture is from Sunday. It was super foggy and you could only see half the buildings and that was only if they were close. I love driving on the freeways in that weather - it looks super cool! (Well, riding in the back, not driving. Harder to look at the scenery when driving.) Anyway. I love you all! :D
--Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment