Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Week 34 Joy in His service!


I led this tour with Sister Silva! Mandarin Chinese!

Well, last week we visited the sweetest lady ever. She's blind and in a wheel chair and we went to visit her but no one was there to open the door so after we called to tell her we were there she wheeled to the front door and opened it. Now that doesn't sound too hard but it was and it took her a solid 5 minutes to do so. We visited with her and were just in awe of her sweet spirit and her love and diligence in persevering. I was overwhelmed with this feeling of love for her. It was an incredible experience. It's one of those times when you really realize that on a mission you're not really serving, you're being served. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. :)


The arrow to Paradise is pointing the WRONG WAY! But then again San Diego is pretty much paradise on Earth!

I was reading in the Bible about when Joshua crossed that river with the Arc of the Covenant, and how they had to step into the river first and then the miracle would happen. That's how life is - we step into the water, and trust God will do the rest. It's cool imagery that helps me picture my life as a missionary a little differently. When there's something I don't want to do because I'm afraid, I just picture myself stepping into the river, trusting that God will do His part. :)

Love you all!!

--Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment