Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Week 33 Preaching the Gospel is fun to do!

Dear Everyone

So last night I tried to make peanut chicken sauce and rice at the same time but then I got distracted with the sauce and so the rice burnt. I hate electric stoves. =/ Oh well. Most of it still tastes okay. :}
Repentance: Stop doing wrong, start doing right!

In terms of doing internet stuff, we haven't done anything different yet. I think if I go full proselyte then I'll do stuff with that, but until then no. We're kept super busy, so we'll see. I'll let ya know as soon as something changes!

So we got calls this morning to tell us if we're changing, but we've escaped unscathed. Still with Sister Contreras in Sweetwater! :D Yaaay! BUT turns out my trainer is going full pros! :( Sad! She'll be amazing though. I'm excited for her. :D

One of the senior couples is leaving on Sunday. :( We're all super sad and we're going to miss them SO MUCH. They live in Utah though (Oakley) so I'll definitely have to go visit them. :) They've got a little farm/ranch out there. They're so incredible. Senior missionaries are the best! ^_^

Cool news for the week: after our sweet lesson with that lady and her family, she did end up canceling our next visit, BUT the good news is she and her family read the Book of Mormon together that night. :D So awesome!!

BTW, Sister Salinas says that F. is doing really well. :) I get to see him sometimes when he comes to the Battalion. Being a missionary is so sweet!

One thing I've really come to appreciate this week is the foundation that I have been given. I've never had to worry about being addicted to marijuana or being tempted to join a gang or go graffiti or anything like that. It's just never been anything I've ever considered. We talked to one of our investigators the other day and we asked him where he pictures himself in 5 years. (Keep in mind that he is 18ish). His answer: in jail. Not exactly what we were looking for. He said that's where he sees himself if he keeps on the track he's on. We talked to him about how we know that if he wants something else for his life, he can still change. Right now. He said it'd be really hard, and that's totally true. No one ever said change was easy. But it is possible, debido a la Expiacion. Y es vale la pena. :)

I love you all! :D

--Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment