Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Week 35 Feeling my Heavenly Father's Love!

I've been trying to talk to people more because Elder Ballard told us that we can do more than we are doing. It's definitely true. There are so many people I've just walked right past. But I'm getting better. I even talked to this guy in the laundry place this morning who was shaving his face in the sink. He had a few tattoos and owns a shopping cart. His name is D. Anyway, it's been really neat because I just feel this love for Heavenly Fathers' children. As I talk to them I feel His love for them and I just feel like I'm surrounded by friends. I love it!

 1 Are you teaching anyone? If so who and how and what!
2 Are you working with ward members / less actives? How is that going? 
3 Any near fatalities on the San Diego craziness roads or is it pretty calm and relaxing to drive these days?
4 Do you email the mission president every week? If so what do you say?
5 Do you have a planner or are you keeping a journal (I really hope you are writing every day!)?  

1 We are teaching. XD Lots of people! We try to teach everyone we talk to. On Saturday we had exchanges, so I went with Sister Frampton to my area and my companion went with Sister Hall to Barrio 20. We had so many awesome experiences, but one that is super exciting to me is we finally met this family that the previous missionaries in Sweetwater were teaching for a while but dropped because the mom wasn't going to church. Well when we met them on saturday, the mom wasn't there but the daughter was, and she said her little brother won't let her read the BoM because he wants to finish first. XD He's been reading and praying and loves it. How amazing is that?? :D So we gave them another one and we're going back to teach them soon. :) So exciting! I love teaching families! :D
2. Ward members? Well there was a sister who went on a mission but had a medical problem so she just came back a few days ago and she came out with us and is amazing. She was with us when we met the above mentioned family. ^_^ Not so many less actives in our designated area, and the one we really want to work with will only meet with us on Saturday mornings and so when we have battalion then we can't even meet with her. And then she'll bail on us the other times. It's rough. >_>
3. No near fatalities. I've gotten used to driving here. There are still crazy drivers and people who switch lanes suddenly and pull in front of us w/o signaling and do stupid things but we're fine. :)
4. Yeah, we email him every week. I say basically what I say to you all, maybe a little more, maybe a little less. Just depends.
5. Yes, we have planners. :D I stinkin' love them and want to 'be that guy' who can't stop using them. They're awesome. and my journal is slacking. I write in it every....once in a while...... Well I wrote in it last night for a second. Funny you should ask, though, because this week one of our goals as a companionship is to write in our journals every day, even if it's just one sentence. So I'll be working on that. :) 



So here's a cool story. Today we're getting two mandarin Sisters. :D :D :D For the Battalion! Also, I don't remember if I already said this or not, but they opened an Arabic area and a Mong area in our mission. By the end of next transfer, we'll almost have our 250 complement of missionaries, and that's not including our senior couples. With them it'll be over 300. How incredible is that? :D I love it. ^_^

Mom I'm so excited for you and your pioneer trek stuff. You're being a member of the Mormon Battalion! :D There were about 80 women and children that came along. They all suffered so much. We were reading about them this morning from this book they have us read and it was talking about how from December 19-21 the Mormon Battalion marched 45 miles, without any water. They were on the verge of death when they finally reached Pima something-or-other and the Pima Indians helped them out. I can't even imagine. The point is that I'm proud of you. :)

Romans 8 is an incredible chapter! :) I memorized two verses from there when I was in seminary but I've since forgotten them.



--Hermana Harris 

No comments:

Post a Comment