Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 38 The glass is still halfway full!

Ok so the longer email hasn't happened yet. Well, Sister Mendez is leaving in a week. D: I'm going to miss her so much! She's an incredible missionary and a fabulous friend and stinkin' hilarious. XD

Sister Wells is one of our new Mandarin sisters. :) She's the sweetest!! :D (Plus she tells me that I look like Belle from Beauty and the Beast. XD That's always nice. Sister Romero tells me I look like Lumiere. The candlestick. Aww. How sweet.... XD )
Over a month ago we contacted a referral and taught her the Restoration. When we shared the First Vision, she literally laughed at us. It was kinda discouraging. And we didn't think it went over too well. We decided to go back and visit her again anyway, about a month later, and her daughter told us that she has been talking about us a lot. :D I guess the Spirit has been working on her! So we taught her the Plan of Salvation and she was hung up at first on the fact that the bible says there are only two roads, the straight and narrow, and the other way, so how are there 3 degrees of glory, but we shared 1 Cor 15 and she just said, "Oh. No sabia" and accepted it. She also promised she'll read the Book of Mormon. She's so much more open than that first day. It's amazing. :)
Hermanas Wells and Contreras with Elder Affleck

We made the blueberry pie. But the recipe didn't say to dissolve the corn starch in water before mixing it in, so I didn't know if I had to or not, and I was running out of time, and I didn't want to make it too watery, and so I just put the cornstarch right in the boiling pot and it just turned into giant white lumps and it was a really sad moment for me. But now I know to never ever ever do that again, so that's the good news. XD The pie tasted fine. Just has lumps. People keep asking what they are. I'm tempted to say "It's some Mexican fruit one of our members gave us. I thought I'd just throw it in to make it look cool." But that would be dishonest. So instead I just get embarrassed and say I messed up. XD Oh well. Someday I'll learn to make food. Someday.

I love you so much! BTW I love being a missionary here at the MoBat. It's the best. :) I love the other sisters here. It's such an incredible experience. I can't imagine having it any other way.

This is the last week of this transfer. I'll tell you next week what happens! :O

--Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment