Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Week 40 The Gospel Is sweet and simple!

This week we had some pretty sweet miracles. One awesome miracle: J. came to the Battalion! He's the son of a referral we got, and they're not too interested, but he is, and he read when we asked him to, and then he came to the Battalion! I already sent the pic, but it was so sweet I had to say it again. :) We've been so blessed by Heavenly Father with people to teach. I feel like half the time when we make plans for the next day, we never find anyone we planned to visit. But this week we've been able to teach those who we planned to teach! It's so awesome. :D

Awww there is this super sweet lady named C. She invited us over again for dinner. During our discussion we asked if she had read more from the Book of Mormon, and she told us she didn't know where it went, that she put it on the counter, and the next day it was gone. It's not surprising since she also told us her son keeps telling her to stop letting us come over. She defended us though, and told him she's old enough to decide who can come over, and that we're her friends. (This is the son that started his own church.) Oh man. She's so incredible!

We went to the Fireside on Sunday. It was absolutely incredible! We were disappointed because none of the investigators we invited were able to make it... but it was a wonderful experience. Plus I got to see Sister Salinas! :D OH And one of the Sisters that was in our district the last week at the MTC (during our VC training) is here in San Diego for her outbound! :D Her name is Sister Marmol and she's from Spain and she is the sweetest! Hopefully we'll see her every once in a while. :)

We talked to a lot of people this week that have conspiracy theories and all these crazy ideas about what's truth and it was frustrating but also made me SO GRATEFUL. I don't have to smoke anything to 'feel peace'.' I don't have to 'cleanse my pinecone(?) gland to use my third eye.' I'm not worried about secret groups out to get me. I know that if I just keep repenting, reading, praying, going to church, listening to the prophet, etc. then I'll be happy, successful, and some day be able to live with my Heavenly Father again. What a relief!

Love you all!!
--Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment