Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Real Life! Week 8

This week has been pretty awesome. We've been practicing our song a lot and it´s working out really well! Our investigators are doing great! We taught them both about the Law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom. Both were hesitant about the whole no-coffee thing, but both are willing to give it a try. It´s so neat to see their progression and their desires to follow the Saviour.

A few days ago we got to teach each other mini-lessons, as usual. I taught an Elder Tanner. He was pretending to be his friend, and I was teaching him about the law of chastity. As we talked, the Spirit was totally there, and it was incredible. I shared this scripture a different Elder showed me the other day, Mosiah 2:41, and it was awesome. As I told him that God loved him, and that He wanted him to be happy, and that's why He gives us commandments, he started crying. It was so powerful. I love this work! It's so hard but it has its moments of awesomeness. :)

I got fitted for my last dress today!!! :D IT'S BLUE. I'm so excited! I totally love it!!!! <3 <3 <3 The other dress is fitting much better now. I just need to keep up my exercise. Oh, and it turns out I love 'whole bran' cereal. So I've been eating that as my dessert (with a banana sliced up into it). It's super delicious. :)

Some neat things I learned from the devotional tonight:
--> Life happens on the hills. (Lives change only by going through difficulties.)
--> No matter where I am, I will feel far away without a positive attitude. I definitely need to choose to be positive about EVERYTHING.
--> Satan, the enemy of my soul, is going to do anything he can do to weaken my companionship. o.O
--> All of my companions will have virtues and talents and capacities that I lack. There will always be something I can learn from them. As I focus on the positive, we will grow closer, and I can become more like the person I'm supposed to be too!
--> The most powerful testimony I can bear is WHO I AM.

We, the choir, sang "Jesus, Once of Humble Birth." I had never really realized what a nifty song that is. It says one line about what He was or what He suffered, and then the next line talks about His glory and what it will be like during the 2nd Coming. It's absolutely beautiful. :)

I don't remember if I said this before or not, but when Jeffrey R Holland spoke to us, he said something super cool. He said to stop talking about what you'll do when you get back to 'real life.' "Listen. This is Real Life. With a capital R and a capital L. This is as close to Real Life as you're gonna get." He also talked a lot about how exciting missionary work is right now. He said it's "unlike anything I know of, quite frankly, in the history of the Church." He said he was "fired with Heavenly and joyful anticipation."

There are so many 18 year-old Elders and 19/20 year-old Sisters here already. It's absolutely incredible to be a part of this time in missionary work. I was here when the first wave of them came in. How awesome is that? But he also gave us some warning: "You have to be the best missionaries we've ever had." I need to get working!!

Well, I love you all. Please take care. I'm so excited to go to San Diego, but I love it here too. I'm going to miss it!!! I can't even believe I've been here for almost 2 months. I love it. This is awesome. :)

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment